For all vehicles, the blind spot can become a serious problem. The bigger the vehicle, the bigger this hidden area will be. In the case of fire engines, the blind spot can hide pedestrians, cyclists or even entire cars.
The Thoreb Bird View monitoring system provides a virtual 360° view of the vehicle’s surroundings from a bird’s eye perspective. The technology assists drivers to park more easily, as well as survey the area around the vehicle. The system is an invaluable assistance when turning corners with crowded pavements, lane driving, or driving where it is very narrow. Thereby the safety and convenience increase for the diver’s, pedestrians’ and other road users. BirdView is easy to install and set up in any type of vehicle.
The main components of the system are
• four weatherproof wide-angle cameras (at the front, rear, left and right side of the vehicle)
• an image processing unit
- 4x video inputs
- 3x inputs, for door signal, indicators, reverse gear, etc.
- 2x Video outputs for Bird View and one optional for all four cameras
• a driver display, e.g. Thoreb SD57 or SD7 or DC10 or similar
The driver will get
• high-resolution images in real-time
• front and rear camera views
• no more blind spot
• valuable overview of the situation all around the vehicle
• rear-view camera image when shifting to the reverse gear.
The system is easy to retrofit in all types of vehicles and
can be connected to a video recorder.